What is involved in Social media marketing
Find out what the related areas are that Social media marketing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion.
How far is your company on its Social Media Marketing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Social Media Marketing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Social media marketing related domains to cover and 59 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Social media marketing, Real-time bidding, Consumer-generated advertising, Social networking websites, Influencer marketing, YouTube Partner Program, Viral marketing, Social media optimization, Data analytics, Word of mouth, Internet marketing, Marketing communications:
Social media marketing Critical Criteria:
Check Social media marketing and know what your objective is:
- What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Social media marketing leader?
- Does Social media marketing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
- Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Social media marketing?
Real-time bidding Critical Criteria:
Investigate Real-time bidding and be persistent:
- What management system can we use to leverage the Social media marketing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
- How likely is the current Social media marketing plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
- Is Social media marketing Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Consumer-generated advertising Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Consumer-generated advertising and do something to it:
- How do mission and objectives affect the Social media marketing processes of our organization?
Social networking websites Critical Criteria:
Survey Social networking websites and question:
- How do we make it meaningful in connecting Social media marketing with what users do day-to-day?
- How do we keep improving Social media marketing?
Influencer marketing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Influencer marketing and get going:
- How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Social media marketing processes?
- Does the Social media marketing task fit the clients priorities?
- How can the value of Social media marketing be defined?
YouTube Partner Program Critical Criteria:
Analyze YouTube Partner Program and create a map for yourself:
- Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Social media marketing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
- Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Social media marketing process?
- In a project to restructure Social media marketing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Viral marketing Critical Criteria:
Review Viral marketing and be persistent:
- In what ways are Social media marketing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
- When a Social media marketing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Social media optimization Critical Criteria:
Meet over Social media optimization and question:
- Which Social media marketing goals are the most important?
- Do we all define Social media marketing in the same way?
Data analytics Critical Criteria:
Analyze Data analytics and get out your magnifying glass:
- What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
- What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
- What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
- Can we be rewired to use the power of data analytics to improve our management of human capital?
- What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
- Which departments in your organization are involved in using data technologies and data analytics?
- Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
- Social Data Analytics Are you integrating social into your business intelligence?
- what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
- How important is Social media marketing to the user organizations mission?
- Does your organization have a strategy on big data or data analytics?
- What are our tools for big data analytics?
Word of mouth Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Word of mouth and adopt an insight outlook:
- How do your measurements capture actionable Social media marketing information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
- Are there any disadvantages to implementing Social media marketing? There might be some that are less obvious?
- To what extent people are willing to accept and transmit amplified word of mouth?
Marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Review Marketing communications and get answers:
- There are a variety of product related problems that can turn into crises. what if product tampering occurs and consumers buying products are harmed?
- A major study or report can be planned from the start with an eye to publicity: what can be done to make the study newsworthy?
- What is the next stage in the imc planning process, once marketing and communication objectives have been set?
- What message design and communication channel(s) are likely to be most effective for the target audience?
- What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
- Big idea what is the single most compelling idea that the overall experience must convey?
- Can disclosures be effective remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
- It supports conviction and purchase by asking so, are you ready to connect?
- Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Social media marketing?
- Does the plan stress effectiveness as opposed to merely being efficient?
- What will be the geographical allocation of the media budget and why?
- What are the key features, benefits of the program/project?
- What types of advantages can we leverage for our products?
- Do you want consumers to demonstrate proof-of-purchase?
- Market – to whom should the communication be addressed?
- Is the brand being introduced or is it established?
- Who do we need to influence and how?
- What type of logistics are required?
- Mission – what is the objective?
- What is to be tested?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Social Media Marketing Self Assessment: https://store.theartofservice.com/Direct-Response-Social-Media-Marketing-Complete-Self-Assessment/
About Author: Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. He is a widely recognized and respected information expert and has founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. More about him: firstname.lastname@example.org | https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerardblokdijk