What is the Impact of Micro Influencers for Your Brand Awareness
According to Bigcommerce.com.au, 17% of companies spend over half their marketing budget on influencers. The report also says that 89% of the surveyed businesses agree that the ROI from influencer marketing is better than other marketing channels. The significance of social influencer marketing as a means to increase brand awareness is certainly undeniable. What if you can achieve the same results with smaller, micro-influencers?
For most brands, influencer marketing is about choosing big names in their respective industries. Even though choosing a renowned macro-influencer with a large number of followers is not a bad decision, it is often harder and more expensive to employ such individuals to help promote your business. Micro-influencers, on the other hand, are much more accessible. But before we discuss any further about these micro-influencers, it is important to acknowledge who they are.
What are micro-influencers?
Micro-influencers are social media influencers who have an audience of about 10,000 to 50,000 followers. Just like the macro-influencers (the ones everyone is obsessed about), these micro-influencers also have a loyal audience base. Even though their audience is smaller, their influence on those followers is as effective as those big names out there.
Image Source: Smallbizgenius.net
Moreover, due to the fewer followers, these micro-influencers are likely to be more engaged with their audiences on a regular basis, which often seems a bit difficult for the highly-influential people. Also, with the growing popularity, the macro-influencers now have to cater to a broader audience base. Micro-influencers, on the flip side, have a much more compact and targeted audience.
What can these micro-influencers do for your brand?
Since these micro-influencers are more approachable, you can rope in one or more such micro-influencers within your niche. Of course, you need to work with them and prepare a proper strategy on how to proceed with the marketing campaign. With proper planning and execution, your collaboration with the micro-influencer can boost your brand awareness in several ways:
- You can partner with a micro-influencer who is popular among the people who don’t know much about your brand. You can leverage his/her influence on the audience to generate brand awareness among the new segment of the audience.
- These micro-influencers have built a relationship of trust and loyalty with their followers. So, when such an individual promotes a brand to its loyal audience, it boosts the credibility of the brand. People are then more likely to try the products/services of the brand.
- This type of influencer marketing strategy also promotes word-of-mouth marketing on social media. Since these micro-influencers have their influence on several thousand people, they can initiate a brand campaign and create a snowball effect to take it further.
- Micro-influencers, especially bloggers, are more likely to create content that contributes to SEO. Since the blog content can be found on the internet more easily than some social posts, they allow potential consumers to research the brand during the consideration and evaluation phase in a buyer’s journey.
- Some micro-influencers are also quite effective in driving conversion and include click-to-buy calls to action within their content. With links in the content and amazing click through to buy feature on Instagram, the online purchases can be super-quick.
As you can realize, there are higher chances of reaching and converting a larger audience by collaborating with the micro-influencers. If you succeed, you will see a significant boost in your ROI.
How to find micro-influencers for your campaign?
If your brand management team has been using social media platforms to improve your brand awareness, then you must already be aware of a few influencers in your niche. However, when you are considering micro-influencers, you need to reach out to a much larger number of influencers.
There are online agencies as PopTribe.co that you can use to find the right people for your campaign. Poptribe.co is an advertising agency based on peer2peer recommendations. Their mission is to connect brands and micro-influencers to create a massive word-of-mouth effect on social media. Ordinary people promote brands they love to their friends & family. You will grow your business with authentic & trusted ambassadors.
It is no longer a secret that influencer marketing can deliver better results than any other marketing channels in today’s date. But a majority of the businesses are yet to discover the potential of the micro-influencers. Now that you have learned about the ways to identify collaborate with the right kind of micro-influencers for your business, it is time to put it in to use and boost your brand awareness.
Author bio: Patrick Austin is a guest lecturer working in a distinguished academic institution. He has acquired a PhD in History from Bond University. He loves writing and reading in his free time. He is also a part of Tophomeworkhelper.com as an academic advisor.