In dire need of strengthening cyber security, organizations have started searching for cyber security training programs to train their employees. It is important for organizations to secure their networks, systems, and applications from cyber-attacks. This is not possible without involving employees and carrying out a cultural change. Thus, when hiring security testing services from a software testing company, organizations look for training their employees too.
Organizations usually face one of the following three situations:
- Either there are too many options
- Or training sessions are too expensive
- There are too many new technology-related terminologies
- Too Many Options
It is true to say that the cyber security field is vast with multiple perspectives and dimensions. There are different companies that offer training services, certifications, and accreditation. It is important to filter out training categories based on different factors, which include:
- Offensive Security – It outlines all techniques to hack a business or its products
- Defensive Security – It includes ways to bolster security with respect to systems, detect attacks and take preventive measures
- Security for Managers – It helps to teach managers how to create a cyber security strategy in a company
All these categories include a specific strategy and most of the time enterprises opt for all three of them depending on the nature of business. The cyber security testing services also include training sessions for employees
- Training is Too Expensive
Training sessions offered by top actors are quite expensive. Enterprises are in search of a good, feasible solution that matches their budget. Picking a small company for training is useful in the following ways:
- Trainers remain up-to-date with the latest hacking techniques
- Prices are lower as compared to the big companies
- Training culture matches with a business, especially if the location in the same region
- Flexible to adapt to business requirements
- New cyber security companies are run by young, talented and motivated engineers
- Too Many New Terminologies
There are a number of new terminologies being introduced in the cyber security zone every now and then. Thus, it becomes important for industry leaders to remain updated accordingly. A few terminologies include intrusion detection, security operations, and monitoring, reverse engineering, digital forensics, industrial security, etc.
How To Choose A Company?
The decision to choose cyber security testing services can be a challenging and daunting experience, especially for businesses that are new in the market. However, with the right guidance, it is possible to partner with a good firm that bolsters security checks to ensure a safe cyber security system in place. Each employee in an organization is responsible for the security aspects, thus, it makes training compulsory for all major stakeholders that use IT systems, networks, and applications. These training sessions help employees in preparing them for different situations and they know how to react in different situations when a business is under cyber-attack or at the risk of being attacked. This is why firms, whether small or large, look out of security testing companies to strengthen their security posture.
Do you have any experience about cyber security you would like to share with us? Please use the comments box below.