It’s really interesting the things that you think are working as they should, but sometimes those same things will make you stop and really think. Why you should do content marketing for human instead of content marketing for business?
I ran across a short but interesting post this morning that talked about how businesses market to other businesses and how that idea is overused. Instead of marketing to “businesses” as we are taught to do, maybe we should stop and think about marketing to humans.
How is that any different?
Well, it makes you reconsider your marketing approach, and in my opinion, makes your marketing strategy a little more involved, more personal.
Business to business content marketing can actually be more effective if we stop and think about the “humans” that we’re marketing to and how our efforts could get more results when we do this. For instance:
- Instead of blindly tweeting and retweeting random articles, why don’t we actually see what people are reading and what’s trending to actually know what readers might like.
- We, as businesses, should actively engage and communicate with those in our social circles so we can get a better feel for what’s really going on in cyber space. Then we’ll know best what content needs to be published.
- If all else fails, ask your customer base what they want, what they like, what they don’t like, what they prefer and what they’d like to see changed. It doesn’t mean that you have to follow the suggestions, but at least you’ll know better what the majority says.
- Share your content and encourage your readers to do the same. If they’re not sharing it, then they’re not finding value in it. Therefore, you may need to tweak the content to make it more appealing, and try again.
- Find and engage with influencers in your business industry. They are quite influential and have a lot of weight amongst decision-makers.
Business to business content marketing isn’t dead, nor is it dying. It just needs to be approached from a different angle and deal with…as you deal with humans.
If you have any opinion regarding this post, please use the comments box below.