As some of you know, we are starting a blog contest here at BlogDash that’s set to beging on Monday, December 1st. It’s going to be a lot of fun and very exciting. Many of our bloggers have already started submitting some of their blog posts ahead of schedule so they can get their feet wet as they rev up. In the meantime, I wanted to take a minute and share some additional blog posting requirements with you so that there is no confusion about what we’re looking for, what’s acceptable, etc.
For the original requirements, see this blog post that I made and you’ll get a better idea of what you can and should submit.
In addition to that post, I want to also point out a few other things so that everyone is sure that their posts are in line with our policy and there’s no chance of having the posts removed or rejected because some things are missing. Also, these quick tidbits would apply to any and all guest posts that we receive for submission, even outside of a contest or any other event.
- Make your posts general in nature. Do not focus on any brand, topic or website in particular to center your post around. This will get your post rejected. If you want to talk about beauty, fashion or even politics, speak in general terms and don’t name or link to any brand or person. Your post should read from your own perspective and not how “wonderful” a product is or how “awful” a person may be.
- Be sure to include an image with your post. Here is a list of places where you can find free images to use in your post. It’s very easy to do and makes your posts look and present much better. Posts without image attachments will likely not be accepted.
- You can use links, but make sure they’re to either general information sites or places where your reader will gain value. Blatant affiliate links or personal links will get your post rejected.
- Have fun with your post and be casual, if that’s appropriate. Meaning, don’t try to make the post feel like a business or educational post if it’s supposed to be fun and engaging. If in doubt, just email me and I’ll be more than happy to take a look at it and let you know what (if any) changes you need to make.
- Once your post goes live, share, share, share the heck out of it on your social platforms. The more shares you get and the more eyes on your post is what helps you move to the front of the eligibility line for winning the cash prize(s). Share it on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or Google + account. Also, be sure to share your post with our Blogdash LinkedIn business group at Blogger Outreach. There are over 3,000 members on that page and that’s a great opportunity for as many people to see you as possible.
- Make sure you’ve registered completely and set up a blogger’s profile at www.blogdash.com/bloggers. This makes you eligible to compete for the prize money and helps us track the shares and likes that each post gets. This registration process has to be done before you can submit your posts.
Please feel free to ask me ANY questions you have about your article, how it sounds, what it (may) need, etc. I’m here to help you because you’re definitely helping us by finding and engaging more readers for the Blogdash site. You can find me either on our LinkedIn group page at Blogger Outreach, or on our Facebook group page at Blogger Outreach. You can also shoot me an email at email@example.com.
Good luck with the contest, bloggers!