Digital Signage for your business
Digital signage is a type of digital displays and uses technology to display content such as video, web pages and digital images. These displays can be found in public places such as stadiums, retail stores, restaurants and corporate buildings. Anyone can use digital displays but they are mostly used by businesses. There are many ways to use digital signage to grow your business or to accomplish certain goals. Some of the ways you can use digital signage include:
- Internal information – To display corporate messages such as safety, health and news.
- Product information – Customers will often forget the price of an item or might go to another store thinking that your price is too high. To avoid this, a business will display its pricing, materials, services and photos. In food marketing, you may add recipes and nutritional facts.
- Advertising and promotion – Promoting of business services and products depends on the location of the business.
- Building brand –In stores, digital signage can be used t build brand identity and to promote brand.
- Public information –Weather, news, traffic and location provide the public with information about certain areas. It also gives travelers information about certain areas.
- Enhance customer service experience – This is done through interpretive signage in zoos, museums, exhibitions, galleries and tourist attractions.
- Influencing product and brand decision making – Signage that is used to influence choice ensures that certain goods are sold fast and customers have information about them.
There are many advantages of using digital signs instead of paper signs. For example, digital signs can easily be updated via remote control while paper signs require you to go to the location where the signs are located so as to replace them. Also, digital signs do not require paint or paper, unlike paper signs which require paper, paint and daily maintenance.
Restaurants and hotels benefit a lot from digital signage. Restaurants are using digital signage to boost sales and customer service. So, howdo you make sure that digital signage is successful in your restaurant business?
One of the greatest challenges you might face when dealing with digital signage is handling of all the logistics. You will have to consider if the hardware works well with the software, how the screen looks and how to deploy them. If the digital solution requires new screens, displays and hardware can be challenging logistically.
There are several ways to ease logistic burdens. One of them is running a large number of pilot tests so as to work out the kinks. This also helps you to identify problems early. You should also hire integrators who can deploy the solution during slow hours.
- Customer experience
Customer experience matters most, especially if your technological investments are expensive. Your technology should engage guests in a meaningful way. You can also connect with your clients via phone. Beyond phones, you should also connect with them through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Customers love going to the restaurant with friends and family. If you also add games or quizzes to your digital signage, you will find that your clients will increase in number. It will also create a memorable experience for customers and they will want to come back. It will also show that the customer is satisfied with your services.
- End-user friendliness
A vendor will easily praise various digital signage systems but an end user is most concerned with whether the system works, if they can use it and durability. Your restaurant needs a simple solution where you can show case marketing materials, photos of your restaurant, recipes, music and videos. The system should be easy to install and content switching should not take time.
For this issue to be handled, there needs to be communication on how the system should be worked and the responsibilities of everyone. There also needs to be proper communication with the vendor and accountability of the technology by those working on site. This ensures that there is steady flow of communication between you and the vendor.
Restaurant menu boards
Restaurant menu boards are very easy to use. They are mounted at the door or at the entrance to a restaurant. The restaurant owners use them to advertise their food and services. They are extremely important since they provide customers with information they need. Such information includes the prices of food and drinks listings, sales and upcoming events.
Each of these menu boards are designed to suit a restaurants needs and advertisement strategies. They can be placed in different places in a restaurant to ensure maximum visibility by your patrons.
What makes them important for the food industry?
- They are available in many designs and you can choose the design that suits your restaurant’s unique needs.
- With restaurant menu boards, you don’t need to hire someone to answer some of the basic questions asked by customers. You can easily indicate prices of some of the items on your menu and you can also display the day’s special.
- They attract customers. When a customer who had no intention of getting into the restaurant passes by and sees that there is a special discount, they will be tempted to enter.
- You can easily update them during anytime of the day and especially if you run out of food.
- They are also a great way of staying ahead of your competition. If your competition is not using menu boards, having them in your restaurant will keep you ahead of the game.
Both large and small businesses are now investing in digital signage. It ensures that businesses get maximum advertisement. Most brands are already using digital signage to boost their businesses and it would only be fair if you also considered using digital signage to advertise your business. Otherwise, you will be left behind by your competitors. If you own a restaurant, restaurant menu boards will boost your restaurant and bring in more customers to your restaurant.
Karen is a Business Tech Analyst. She is very responsible towards her job. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with her friends and colleagues.