Have you set any blogging goals for 2015? If you’ve been blogging for any amount of time, you’ll appreciate the idea of blog planning and knowing where you want to take your blog, in terms of traffic and growth.
For instance, are you interested in increasing more traffic to your site? What about finding more paid blogging opportunities? And, if you ARE interested in either of those two things (or other goals), what steps are you taking to further bring you to reaching those goals?
To start with, set your blogging goals in mind that you want to achieve. Then, attach a time frame to the goal so that you stay focused on what it is that you want to do.
After you’ve set a goal (let’s say, it is to drive traffic to your blog), then list the different ways you can do this:
- Publish blog posts more often
- Add in lots of rich but relevant links into your blog posts so that readers will want to click on them (this also fosters a community spirit)
- Share those blog posts on your social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Participate in forums where your blog and your opinion can add value. Share your expertise and knowledge. Be genuine with your actions.
- Participate and interact with the comments that readers leave on your blog. This lets them know that you’re active, present and interested in what they have to say.
No matter what your blogging goals are for now or at any time, as long as you set out with realistic, achievable and attainable goals, you’ll be able to do anything. I’d love to know what you’re working on this year or maybe even some things that you need help with on your blog. Email me at bridget [at] blogdash [dot][com] or come on over to our Facebook page and participate in the discussion. Looking forward to hearing from you, bloggers!