Guest blogging is one of the most attractive and desired achievements when trying to engage with diverse audiences and make waves around the blogosphere. It’s popular, engaging, brings great results, but all this come with a price.
First, it asks for great effort in research and building relationships. It’s something that has to be well deserved as someone else provides you its personal media space and audience. You have to prove that what you have to say it’s interesting, exciting and relevant, sometimes even better than anything that was written before on that particular publication. You have to win the blogger’s interest and prove that you have something that he or she does not have!
As we acknowledge what a difficult task is to find bloggers that are willing to allow guest posting, our 85th roundup brings a surprise.
Our brand new feature called “Pitching Preferences” will allow BlogDash’s business users to spare a lot of research time as they’ll be able to target exactly those bloggers that are open to guest posting or other offers like giveaways or product reviews. While the feature is still in development, we are looking to make it available within the following month and hope that you’ll find this new tool useful in your blogger outreach campaigns!
Of course, the research part is only the beginning of the adventure and you still have to convince bloggers that your content deserves to be published on their blogs, so here’s our traditional mix of the most interesting tips about guest blogging. Be sure you’ll read them and it will be just a matter of time until success will strike!
- Just making your first steps in guest posting? You’d better take a look at SEOPS’article Tips for getting started on guest blogging, before hitting any cold walls.
- Learn to read what lies beyond a publication, what bloggers like and what they dislike about guest blogging requests. It is only natural for them to be a little distrustful of people claiming a place on their blog, so learn how to earn their trust by reading Tyson Steven’s article Should I Accept Guest Bloggers? Answered, kinda’. This could be a revelatory resource for bloggers that doubt the benefits of guest posting too.
- You must choose the right solution for your business’ needs, so even though guest blogging is quite popular now, it may not be the best choice for your objectives. Check out Mike Sobol’s article When Guest Blogging is Useful (and When It Isn’t) and make sure you’ll make the right decision.
- One great guide about what steps you need to follow when trying to get approval on a guest post comes from OptimizeX and their article Guest Blogging: The Traffic, The Exposure, The Fame.
- Our last pick is for the ones that crave a more structured approach, so if you want to learn as much as possible about guest blogging in a very short time read the great tips the guys from Mixergy feature in their article Guest Blogging Unleashed.
That’s it for this week. Enjoy BlogDash’s new feature, read the chosen articles, learn from the authors’ experiences and share your thoughts.
Photo credits: code poet
If you know of a good article, or you’ve written an article that you think should be included, email me at marc[at]blogdash.com .