Bloggers are key elements in starting viral conversations that can spread information within the beauty and fashion industries. For our 110 roundup we found some interesting articles you should carefully read before starting or continuing your blogger outreach campaigns dedicated to the fashion and beauty online communities:
- Are fashion blogs transformed in virtual avenues for brands? According to Macala Wright, „the blurring of lines between earn and paid, lack of transparency when it comes to legal disclosure, and continual desire to monetize everything related to blogs and blog coverage has led to one thing: the bastardization of influence.” Read a great article about today’s state of fashion blogging: Influence marketing is failing in retail.
- There is much criticism in fashion blogging and the most of it comes from people disliking the way fashion blogs have evolved. Heather Fonseca gathered some complaints she found on the internet – What’s Wrong with Fashion Blogs?
- Some brands understand how to have a mutually beneficial relationship with bloggers, but most of them seem to be missing out on that. Here’s Phyrra’s great article that can help you understand how to communicate with bloggers and show them you value their content: Brand Relationships and Bloggers.
- For a partnership with fashion bloggers to work, they have to get something that can drive strong traffic based on quality content. Most of the pitches they receive don’t explain how the partnership is based on a win-win situation. Hilary Rushford offers few skeleton scripts for pitching guest posts and collaborations with fashion blogger.
- Dana Forman presents a handful of examples of outreach messages, which she analyses and draws some conclusions we should all keep in mind when pitching fashion, beauty or retail bloggers: Good Outreach vs. Bad Outreach – From a Blogger’s Point of View
That’s it for this week. Enjoy reading the articles, learn from the authors’ experiences and share your thoughts.
Photo credits: Powerhouse Museum Collection
If you know of a good article, or you’ve written an article that you think should be included, email me at marc[at]blogdash.com.