Hello everyone and welcome to our 79th week of roundup articles. Most of the articles about blogger outreach we read every day are usually addressed to PR pros and their practice. This week we chose to feature some advice for bloggers too, because there are always two parties involved in the whole outreach process and everything will run smoothly when both of them prove to be true professionals. So, let’s get started!
- Our first pick is a classic one. Elena Verlee’s article Do’s and Don’ts of Reaching Out to Bloggers for PR is a great mix of tips meant to help anyone interested in interacting with bloggers.
- Everyone can be the victim of the most silly and common mistakes, so no matter if you already have a lot of experience in blogger outreach you should read Hugh Anderson’s article: Four Common Mistakes PR Pros Make in Blogger Outreach – and How to Fix Them.
- The third try is a charm, or so many say thinking that 3 is a magical number. We don’t know if that’s true but we invite you to check out Louisa Claire’s tips that can really do magic when trying to pitch bloggers: 3 Ways to Improve Your Blogger Outreach.
- When facing a problem it is always best to call things by their name and point out exactly what disturbs you in order to find out the right answers and solutions. This is what Cassie Born did in her article: Why Bloggers Think Your Pitch Sucks.
- As we said in the beginning we have some tips for bloggers too. Learn how to handle bad pitches like a true professional by reading Bloggers Manners Must: Responding To Unwanted Pitches & Invites. This will help PR professionals to know exactly what they did wrong and will improve their future efforts.
That’s it for this week. Enjoy reading the articles, learn from the authors’ experiences and share your thoughts.
Photo credits: where are the joneses
If you know of a good article, or you’ve written an article that you think should be included, email me at marc[at]blogdash.com .