BlogDash to Primetime
I am so extremely excited to announce that BlogDash is now launched to the public!
That’s right…we are no longer in alpha. My hands are shaking!
I want to thank our amazing alpha testers for doing an outstanding job using the site, finding bugs and giving us feedback. We couldn’t have created this site without you.
So what does this announcement mean for BlogDash?
We have a new design. It’s simple, and intuitive. We think it will make your experience even better.
We’ve added features. For bloggers, you can now use BlogDash to do the following:
1. Edit your bio. Share a little bit about you, where you are… the basics.
2. Set your pitch preferences. What kinds of opportunities are you open to? Product reviews? Affiliate programs? You can now let businesses know up front exactly what you expect when being contacted.
3. Your past experience. Much like how professionals use Linkedin, bloggers can now share their past experience working with businesses. This will allow you to build more credibility as a professional blogger.
4. Get a badge. When a business wants to pitch you, they’ll usually check out your contact page and your about page (hopefully). Now you can put a Blogdash badge anywhere on your site to let businesses know, if they want to pitch you, they should go to your Blogdash profile first.
More features are already being built for Bloggers. We want to help you establish yourself as a professional and reduce the amount of spam you get. It’s all about open communication.
For businesses, they’ll find the following additions:
1. New listing design. Now you can have more information about each blogger up front when using the “Find Bloggers” page. It makes skimming through results much easier.
2. No pagination. You don’t have to click through a lot of pages when looking for bloggers anymore. Just set your filters, scroll to the bottom, and “see more.”
3. Engagement features. Now when you look at a list in your “Manage Lists” page, you can see all the blog posts and tweets coming out of your list. You will be able to reply and interact right from the Blogdash dashboard.
4. Search through the blog. When looking at a blogger’s full profile, you can now search through their RSS feed by keywords right from the blogdash page.
There is SO much more that we’re adding over the next few weeks that I’m just itching to tell you about, but it will have to be a surprise. I can tell you that a major priority for us as of now is to improve our search by keyword functionality, and improving the size and quality of our database (which will forever be a priority for us).
You can learn more about our launch on The Next Web, and more information that will be coming soon.
For those of you who have been with us from the start, THANK YOU so much. We won’t forget it. For those of you joining us today on our launch, welcome to the Blogdash community!
We want to help you learn about blogger outreach in general, not just our tool. If you ever have any questions about blogger outreach, feedback on BlogDash, or you just want to chat, I want you to email me at david [at] blogdash [dot] com or go to our Get Satisfaction Page.
We started building BlogDash about 4 months ago and it’s been quite a ride leading up to this day. A lot of sleepless nights for me and my team but we did it. Thank you to Radu, Mike, Elena, Adrian, Igor, Matilda and everyone else who worked on the site with us. You guys are amazing.
We all really hope you love BlogDash. Happy dashing!